Wednesday, April 17, 2013

April 17, 2013
















I start the morning off with Coffee and it is a little stronger when I make it. Food remains mostly the same since I did most of the cooking. Unfortunately, I never got her Fried Chicken Recipe. I know it involved Goya Adobe, Paprika and Garlic Powder. Same for Fried Fish. Should have asked her. I did replicate her Macaroni and Cheese. The boys say it is close but hers was better. I do not taste the difference. Turns out she had a recipe on the Fridge and after two failed tries I nailed it. The secret: More Cheese.

The recipe from a Creamette's Pasta Box:
2 cups elbow macaroni
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons flour
1 teaspoon dry mustard
1 teaspoon salt
2 1/2 cups milk
2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded ( I make this Four Cups)

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Cook macaroni in 5 quarts boiling water for 8 minutes. Drain macaroni.
In medium saucepan, melt butter.
Stir in flour, mustard, and salt. Gradually stir in milk. Cook and stir until mixture thickens slightly.
Add 2 1/3 cups cheese to milk mixture and stir until melted.
Stir in macaroni.
turn into greased 2 quart baking dish.
Top with remaining cheese.
Bake 20-25 minutes or until bubbly.

No comments:

Post a Comment