Thursday, June 6, 2013

June 6, 2013




Timing is everything. I had jacked-up my Life Insurance but the payroll deductions hadn't come in. Now they are here coinciding with a raise. So, I don't feel the deductions and I have some more to spare. I was covered before but now with the two boys, I have to think about the unexpected. I'm probably a little over-insured right now but that's OK. As I get older, it will go down.

If I had went first, she would have been taken care of, but now that she is gone I have to shift my planning. She would have been the beneficiary. The boys are in a different position and the Life Insurance makes up for what they wouldn't get, i.e.: pension and Social Security.

I thought about raising my 401K contributions but for now I am going with paying down Debt. I think that will be better in the long run. I can see that paying down is working and I will be accelerating it even more. I expect a Retro check soon and I will use part of it for the pay-down. Of course, I will spend some of it. So far, planning on getting new Golf Clubs, a new desktop computer and some new Summer Suits.

No comments:

Post a Comment